This is the best vegan spinach artichoke dip you’ll ever taste! It’s loaded with spinach, artichokes, garlic, and the creamiest sauce! Vegan & Gluten-free.
I’ve always loved spinach artichoke dip– I mean who doesn’t? It’s the best dip!
I used to only get to enjoy spinach artichoke dip when we would go out for dinner and I would order it for an appetizer. It was definitely a treat food for me because the dairy version was loaded with butter, heavy cream, and cheese. This vegan spinach artichoke dip is, dare I say, even better than the dairy-based dip that I used to love.
I’ve been on a mission to veganize all of our favorite dishes, and this vegan spinach artichoke dip is our favorite so far! It’s better than the original version, it’s loaded with healthy plant-based ingredients, and it’s ready in 30 minutes! You can’t beat it!
How to Make Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Vegan spinach artichoke dip is so easy to make! The first step is to make the super simple cashew cream sauce. Start by boiling the raw cashews for 10 minutes and then carefully drain them. Put the cashews into a high-powered blender along with the unsweetened coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Blend on high until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Then saute onions, artichokes, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Mix in the cashew cream sauce, seasonings, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice to the pan with the sauteed veggies and stir everything together. Lastly, stir in the frozen spinach and let it cook until hot and bubbly. You can eat it as is, use it as a filling for vegan stuffed shells, or you can bake it (top it with vegan cheese) if you like a cheesy crust on top.
How Do You Make Cashew Cream
Cashew cream is so easy to make and it only consists of three ingredients: raw cashews, unsweetened plant milk, and water. After you blend everything together, it’s so creamy and delicious and it’s perfect to use in any recipe that calls for a thick creamy sauce.
The most important part of making cashew cream sauce is to use raw cashews. You want to use raw cashews because you want the natural pure buttery flavor to shine through in the cream sauce. I like the consistency to be a little thick. When the sauce sticks to the back of a spoon you’ll know it’s ready.
I use unsweetened coconut milk or cashew milk in my cashew cream recipe (depending on what I have in the fridge), but you could also try unsweetened almond milk.
From start to finish, this cashew cream spinach artichoke dip takes less than 30 minutes to make! That means, right now, you’re only 20 minutes away from pure creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip bliss! Try it, you know you wanna!
If you make this vegan spinach artichoke dip, please share your picture on Instagram and tag @Stacey_Homemaker so I can see your delicious creation!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Cashew Cream -
Spinach Artichoke Dip -
Cashew Cream -
- Add cashews, coconut milk, and sea salt to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Spinach Artichoke Dip -
- Saute the onions in olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Add the chopped artichoke hearts and garlic, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cashew cream, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, nutmeg, pepper, and frozen spinach to the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes until the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Note - If the dip gets too thick while it's cooking add up to a 1/2 cup of low-sodium vegetable broth or water to thin it out.
- If you don't have or like unsweetened coconut milk you can substitute cashew milk or almond milk instead.
- While the dip is cooking you may need to add vegetable broth or water to thin it out to your desired preference.