Hi, I’m Stacey!
I started this blog in 2015 so I could have a place to keep all of my favorite healthy recipes that I was creating. When I first moved out of my parent’s house, I was lost when it came to cooking.
I had no idea what I was doing.
When I lived at home, my mom cooked all of our meals for us, so, everything food-related was brand new to me. Thankfully, I had accidentally absorbed all of my mom’s healthy cooking tips that she had tried to teach me over the years. Learning to cook was fun for me, it let me be creative in a new way.
Fast forward a few years…
I’m a newlywed food blogger who loves to cook and I want to show people that it’s simple and fun to cook healthy meals at home.
Over the last year, my husband and I have transitioned to a vegan diet. We believe that all life is precious and we want to stand up for the innocent animals that can’t defend or speak for themselves. The best way that we feel we can do this is by eating a vegan diet and sharing the delicious recipes that we create with the world!
Many people think that following a vegan diet means that food will be flavorless, dry, or boring. Or, that you have to eat a salad for every meal.
This is a huge, ginormous, big fat lie!
Eating vegan means eating delicious, flavorful, filling, recipes that have been veganized*.
I love macaroni and cheese and there is no reason to give it up just because I don’t eat dairy anymore.
***Veganized means to take a classic recipe that everyone knows and loves, and turn it vegan! Like, macaroni and cheese, broccoli cheese soup, etc.
I share all types of vegan recipes on my blog– mostly easy dinner recipes, a few dessert recipes, and lots of holiday recipes. I share the recipes that we actually eat. Nothing fancy, but always healthy, easy to prepare, and delicious.
Check out this list to get started –> 115 30-Minute Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes!
Here’s a few of our favorite recipes:
- Creamy broccoli cheese soup
- Jackfruit mushroom stroganoff
- Bomb ass buffalo cauliflower tacos,
- Cashew cream spinach artichoke dip
- Walnut quinoa tacos with rainbow salsa
- Cheesy veggie-loaded quesadillas
Please follow along with me on our journey of creating new vegan recipes, getting married, going on adventures at Disney World, hopefully having kids one day, and just living a happy life! I’m so glad you’re here!
Get to Know me – 75 Fun Facts about Stacey Homemaker!
- I love garage sailing and going to thrift stores.
- Travis and I got married at Cross Creek Ranch on 2/19/17 after 10 years of dating.
- I love going to Disney world. The Epcot Food & Wine Festival is our favorite foodie event but the Epcot Flower& Garden Festival is the most beautiful!
- Romantic comedies are my favorite movie genre.
- In 2011, I graduated from college with my BA in Business Management.
- I wear glasses. My long distance vision is horrible!
- Travis and I got engaged on a boat in the Seven Seas Lagoon at WDW during the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Most of my clothes have flowers on them, or lace. I love lace.
- I collect pretty flower patterned tea cups and saucers.
- Pink is my favorite color, I love all shades.
- I love the beach but try to stay out of the sun because I’m covered in freckles.
- I’m half Polish and half German.
- My favorite movie of all time is “The Notebook.”
- I hate going to the doctor’s office.
- I’m a major germaphobe. Don’t come around me if you’re sick!
- I believe that organic and non-GMO foods are the best for you.
- NYC is one of my favorite places in the world. Specifically, the French Gardens in Central Park.
- I LOVE macaroni and cheese. All pasta really. And Pizza.
- I’m vegan because I love animals.
- I served at a restaurant for 8 years. I believe that everyone should be required to work a few months in a restaurant so they learn how to treat people with respect.
- I’m a coffee addict. I can’t start the day without my pug mug.
- I believe in God, angels, and that there is life after death.
- I love wine, specifically cabernet. Cooking with it, drinking it…all forms of it!
- I’m obsessed with the holidays, especially Christmas! If you don’t celebrate the holidays, then every day is the same.” -My mom.
- I listen to Christmas music during the year, not just in December…don’t judge me!
- The Rockefeller Christmas Tree is the most beautiful Christmas Tree I’ve ever seen!
- My mom is my best friend.
- I have a weakness for chocolate peanut butter desserts and my mom’s cherry cheesecakes.
- Cherries are my favorite berry.
- I believe that love is love is love is love is love.
- Twins run in my family, on my mom and dad’s side.
- I love watching TV: series, talk shows, and reality shows. I have so many favorite shows it’s not even funny. If I had to pick my top favorites I would say “Friends,” “Sex and the City,” and “King of Queens.” I can binge-watch a tv show like nobody’s business!
- When I was in 3rd grade, my mom made me write to a TV network because they canceled her favorite show “Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.” They didn’t care. Ha!
- I went to a Catholic school.
- I was born and raised in Florida.
- I wish I could live somewhere that has real seasons.
- I hate being hot, I always want to be freezing. AC is always on full blast in my car.
- My favorite vegetable is cauliflower because it’s magical and you can make anything with it, even alfredo sauce!
- I love to read. I’m currently in the middle of the Outlander series.
- I love Pugs and I’d love to adopt a rescue.
- My second toe is longer than my other toes…thanks, dad!
- I have a younger brother named Brian.
- I’m very organized and can’t stand a messy house.
- I’m a huge procrastinator.
- I get more cleaning done in 10 minutes before someone comes over than I do all day.
- I don’t wear shoes in the house because it’s gross. Google it!
- I love to garden and grow my own produce. We have a greenhouse in our backyard.
- I can’t wait to go on another Disney cruise!
- I hate plastic.
- I love rose gold.
- I get really bad road rage. I wish someone would just drive me everywhere.
- I think animated movies are awesome! I especially like the Minions and all Disney movies!
- I failed my driver’s license test 3 times before I passed.
- I actually love grocery shopping and picking out produce. If my mom and I go together we’ll shop for hours!
- I love photography.
- I love to cook but hate washing dishes.
- Taxi cab rides give me major anxiety. I only want to drive with people that I know and trust.
- I get motion sickness in the car and TBH I’m not a great flyer either.
- I love getting Travis to eat foods that he doesn’t know what’s in it but it looks like the real deal —> Like our favorite dairy-free cashew cream spinach artichoke dip!
- I’m a homebody. I could stay home for weeks and be totally happy.
- Dolphins are my favorite animal.
- I don’t go to Sea World or zoo’s because I don’t think animals should be kept in captivity unless they’re being rehabilitated. Every creature on this earth should have freedom.
- I’m always hungry and get hangry if I don’t eat every few hours.
- Scattergories is my favorite board game.
- Pinterest is my favorite social media channel.
- I love dumplings, all Asian food really. You haven’t lived until you’ve tried a soup dumpling in Chinatown!
- I didn’t see snow until I was 25 years old! That’s also when I built my first snowman!
- The first Broadway show I ever saw was Aladdin. It was AMAZING!
- Aladdin is my all time favorite Disney movie.
- Jasmine is my favorite Disney Princess.
- I check my email 100 times a day. Ok, maybe not 100x but a lot! =)
- I still like Lisa Frank stickers. All stickers, really.
- I saved all the love notes, cards, and mementos that my mom gave me when I was growing up.
- My dutch oven is my favorite kitchen tool.
- Creating healthy flavor-loaded vegan recipes is my passion!
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
Want to start your own healthy food blog and share all of your delicious recipes?
Learn how to do it in just 3 easy steps + check out the 10 tools that all new bloggers need to be successful!