Zesty Southwest Quinoa Salad is my favorite healthy, easy vegan lunch to meal prep for the week! Vega, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free.
Soooo, I’ve been on a quinoa kick lately…
Sometimes I go through food fads. I’ll be obsessed with something for a few weeks and add it to everything– then I’m over it and on to the next. This month, it’s quinoa.
We ate skinny quinoa bowls with pistachio kale sauce for a whole week! I’m so not kidding. It’s just so easy to make, it’s so good for you, and it goes with everything!
Our Favorite Quinoa Recipes
- Pesto spinach quinoa stuffed tomatoes
- Italian lentil quinoa “meatballs”
- Spicy avocado quinoa stacks
- Lentil quinoa “meatball” sandwich
- Skinny quinoa bowls with pistachio sauce
Cilantro Lime Bean Salad
Travis LOVES this cilantro lime bean salad I make. I like to make a big batch as a side dish with veggie burgers or sandwiches but he usually ends up inhaling the whole bowl before we even make it to dinner. It’s pretty delish.
I love all the beans, the crunchy red pepper and the bite of the red onion. The dressing is so good– it’s sweet, spicy and tangy with a zesty lime punch all rolled into one.
Southwest Quinoa Salad Ingredients
Oh, and spicy roasted sweet potato chunks.
Have you ever noticed how amazing the kitchen smells when you roast sweet potatoes? Like caramelized-sweet-buttery-heaven!
I made a double batch of the bean salad so I could use half for the southwestern quinoa salad and leave the other half for Travis to munch on during the week.
Southwest Quinoa Salad
Just look at those colors! Doesn’t it make you want to eat the rainbow!?
Eating healthy is easy, stick to bright-colored veggies, plant-based foods, and grains that are loaded with protein and you’ll be good to go! You won’t be hungry or feel like you’re on a diet because you’re eating whole foods that fill you up and keep you satisfied. I promise, give it a try!
[tweetthis]Cilantro lime bean salad + #quinoa + spicy #chipotle sauce is my go-to #healthy dinner! #Foodie [/tweetthis]
This is an easy recipe to double so you have meals ready for a few days. If you’re like me– I like to cook once and eat a few times! I like to slice half an avocado and a few tomato wedges on the side too.
Southwest Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Bean Salad -
- 2 15 oz cans black beans rinsed & drained
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz can corn rinsed & drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro (or more to taste)
- Romaine lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges
- Chipotle Cream Sauce
Roasted Sweet Potatoes -
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Combine olive oil, maple syrup, lime juice, garlic, cayenne, paprika, & cumin in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Bean Salad -
- Add beans, corn, peppers, onion & roughly chopped cilantro into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the top. Mix to combine. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add cooked quinoa and roasted sweet potatoes to the large bowl with the bean salad, stir to combine.
- Serve the quinoa salad over lettuce and top with avocado, tomatoes, lime wedges, and chipotle cream sauce.
What’s your favorite quinoa recipe? Let me know in the comments!
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
Add me on Snapchat (staceyhomemaker) to see what I’m cooking today!
You may also like…