Try this veggie-loaded 30-minute easy quinoa fried rice for a quick and delicious dinner that the whole family will love! You can serve it hot, cold, by itself or in lettuce wraps! Vegan & gluten-free.
How to Make Quinoa Fried Rice
It’s very easy to make this quinoa fried rice recipe! Start by sauteeing the diced onions and carrots in olive oil (or vegetable broth) for 8-10 minutes. Next, add the minced garlic, diced red pepper, sliced mushrooms, and green peas. Cover it and let it cook for 10 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, put all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk it to combine. Remove the lid, add the cooked quinoa and riced cauliflower. Mix it well and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is hot. Pour the sauce over the veggies and mix it well. Garnish with sliced green onions and spoon the filling into lettuce cups or you can enjoy a big bowl by itself!
Why is There No Rice in this Fried Rice Recipe?
Honestly, I made fried rice using quinoa because I just felt like switching it up. We eat a lot of brown rice and I was in the mood for quinoa! You can definitely make this quinoa fried rice with brown rice if you prefer. Either way, it will be delicious.
What Vegetables Are in Quinoa Fried Rice?
Can you believe that there are 10 cups of vegetables packed into this recipe? It’s what I love most about this dish! It reminds me of the Chinese food fried rice takeout that I used to love when I was a kid but my version is much healthier. Their version of fried rice was mostly white rice with just a few peas and carrots thrown in.
This quinoa fried rice is loaded with healthy veggies:
- Red bell pepper
- Riced cauliflower
- Green peas
- Green onions
It might look like there is a lot of quinoa in the bowl but it’s actually half cauliflower rice! The cauliflower rice blends right in with whatever grains you cook with and it really bulks up the recipe without increasing the carbs.
More Vegan Quinoa Recipes You’ll Love!
If you make this easy quinoa fried rice recipe, please share your picture on Instagram and tag @Stacey_Homemaker so I can see your delicious creation!
Easy Quinoa Fried Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 12-14 large lettuce leaves (I prefer butter lettuce or romaine)
Quinoa Fried Rice-
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 medium carrots diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz bag frozen green peas (or edamame)
- 1/2 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- green onions for garnish
- Over medium heat, saute the diced onions and carrots in olive oil in a large saute pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, peas, sliced, mushrooms, diced red pepper, and garlic to the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk it together.
- Add the frozen cauliflower and cooked quinoa to the pan, mix it with the rest of the vegetables and then let it cook for 5 more minutes or until the cauliflower is hot.
- Spoon the filling into the lettuce wraps and garnish with green onions.
- If you want to add extra protein to this dish, baked tofu or tempeh would be a great choice!
- If you don't want to use quinoa then brown rice, amaranth, freekah, or bulger would be great options too.
- If you can't find coconut aminos (buy a bottle here --> coconut aminos) then low sodium organic tamari would be my next choice.
- Make sure you rinse the quinoa before you cook it or it will taste bitter. I use the organic quinoa from Costco that is pre-rinsed.
- Use my list of veggies as a guideline but you can add any! Finish all the leftover odds and ends from the fridge too.
- If you can't find butter leaves, romaine or bibb leaves would be great substitutes.
- You can freeze the leftover for up to 4-6 months.