30-Minute Vegan Curry
This vegan curry couldn't be easier and quicker to make! Thanks to frozen vegetables, canned chickpeas, and a jar of store-bought red curry paste, this flavorful dish is ready in 30 minutes! Serve it over rice or quinoa for a filling and satisfying gluten-free and oil-free meal.
Servings 8 servings
In a large pan over medium heat, saute the diced onions in 3-4 tbsp of vegetable broth until they're soft and translucent. Add the minced garlic, grated ginger, 1 tbsp red curry paste (add 1 additional tbsp if you like it spicy), 2 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper to the pan. Stir to combine and let it cook for 2 minutes to toast the spices.
Add frozen mushrooms, frozen snap peas, chickpeas, 1/2 cup vegetable broth (only add the broth if you like it saucy), and the can of coconut milk to the pan. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the fresh lime juice.
Serve hot over rice or quinoa and garnish with fresh cilantro and green onions.
- You can make this recipe with fresh vegetables, but using frozen vegetables cuts down on prep time.
- Start with 1 tbsp of red curry paste for flavor. If you like it spicy, add 1 additional tbsp.
- I like my curry to have extra sauce to coat the rice or quinoa. If you do too, add the 1/2 cup of vegetable broth that's on the ingredient list. If not, you should omit the 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Coconut milk makes this curry taste rich and creamy, but if you're trying to reduce the saturated fat in this recipe and don't want to use coconut milk, you can use unsweetened almond milk instead. That's my go-to next choice to use.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or you can freeze it for a future meal.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 1061mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 466IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 4mg