30-Minute Vegan Curry
This super simple vegan curry is loaded with so much flavor, vegetables, and chickpeas! It's a delicious 30-minute dinner that everyone will love and anyone can make! Vegan.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Saute the diced onions in vegetable broth until they're translucent. Season with a pinch of salt. Add the minced garlic, the whole bottle of red curry paste, tomato paste, garam masala, cumin, coriander, and grated ginger. Stir well and let it cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan mix well to coat the vegetables. Saute for 5-8 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, frozen sugar snap peas, and two cans of rinsed and drained chickpeas. Bring the mixture to a low simmer and then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in the full-fat coconut milk, mix it well, and let it heat up before serving. Serve hot over rice and garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, cilantro, and green onions.
- Use shortcuts that won't impact the flavor of the vegan curry. I always use this thai vegan curry paste, it's delicious and gives the curry sauce so much flavor!
- Use fresh garlic and fresh ginger instead of dried for more flavor.
- Use full-fat unsweetened canned coconut milk to make the sauce extra rich and creamy.
- Don't skip the fresh lime juice, green onions, and cilantro garnish when you plate, it adds so much flavor!
- I use chickpeas in this vegan Thai curry but you could substitute lentils, great northern beans, sweet potatoes, or gold potatoes.
- If you don't want to make this vegan curry with mushrooms and snap peas, you could use cauliflower, zucchini, edamame, diced bell peppers, broccoli, green peas, or carrots. If you want to use an easy shortcut, use frozen veggies to save prep time. I always use frozen sugar snap peas and it's such a time saver!
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 3mg