Vegan Stuffed Shells
Vegan stuffed shells are the ultimate comfort food! What makes this recipe so special is the super rich and creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip filling! This meal is family-friendly, easy to make, and it's ready in about one hour!
Servings 8 servings
Large Casserole Dish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Boil the cashews for 10 minutes and then drain and discard the water. Once the cashews have cooled, you can prepare the vegan spinach artichoke dip.
While you're making the dip, cook the shells in a large pot of salted boiling water. Undercook the shells by 2 minutes so they're slightly firmer than fully cooked, this will make them less likely to tear when you fill them. Drain the shells and rinse them with cold water. Lay the cooked shells (not touching each other) open side up on a tray that's lined with parchment paper.
Pour 1 cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of a large casserole dish and spread it around evenly.
When the shells are cool enough to handle, spoon 2 tbsp of the spinach dip into each shell. Place the shells open side up into the casserole dish. Repeat until you run out of filling or shells.
Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the shells. Try to cover all the edges so they won't get hard in the oven. If you want to add shredded vegan cheese, add it now.
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Remove the shells from the oven and garnish with dried or fresh parsley.
- Cook the shells 2 minutes less than the package instructions, so they'll be easier to handle and won't tear when you're filling them.
- When you're topping the shells with the tomato sauce, make sure to evenly cover all the shells so you don't get any crispy or burnt edges on the noodles.
- If you want to add extra cheese on top of the shells, I recommend that you use shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (I have made it with Violife, Follow Your Heart and So Delicious shreds).
- You can prepare the shells up to 3 days before you want to bake them.
- Store leftover shells in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If you want to freeze the shells, follow the instructions to assemble, but don't bake the shells before freezing. Find the full freezing/baking instructions above.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 659mg | Potassium: 831mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 4mg