Vegan Meatball Marinara Subs
These delicious vegan meatball subs are filled with tender lentil mushroom meatballs that are nestled in a toasted bun and topped with marinara sauce and melted vegan provolone cheese. This comfort food meal is kid-friendly, easy to make, and perfect for game day!
Servings 5 subs
Medium-Sized Sauce Pan
Large Baking Tray
- 15 lentil mushroom meatballs
- 5 hoagie rolls or hot dog buns
- 25 oz jar marinara sauce
- 5 slices vegan provolone cheese cut in half diagonally (I like to use Violife provolone or Follow Your Heart pepper jack)
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
Assemble and bake the lentil meatballs.
Toast the rolls, and then place 2-3 meatballs in the roll. Spoon 2-3 tbsp of marinara sauce over the meatballs and lay 1 slice of vegan cheese (cut in half diagonally) on top.
Put the subs into the toaster oven just long enough to melt the cheese. Garnish with a sprinkle of dried parsley.
- Toast the roll before you load it up with lentil meatballs and toppings because you only need to pop the subs into the toaster oven for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese on top and that's not long enough to toast the roll.
- Use jarred marinara sauce to save prep time and keep this recipe really simple to make.
- Store the leftover lentil meatballs in an airtight container, separately from the other sub ingredients, in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Serving: 1sub | Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1155mg | Potassium: 523mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 614IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 3mg