Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus
Chocolate peanut butter dessert hummus is a wholesome treat that tastes decadent and indulgent, it's the perfect healthy snack! This hummus is free of refined sugar, gluten, and dairy.
Servings 3 servings
Add the drained chickpeas, 3 tbsp peanut butter, 1/3 cup cacao powder, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 2 tbsp coconut milk, and 1/4 tsp sea salt to a high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. If it's too thick, add a little bit more liquid to the hummus.
Scoop the hummus into a bowl and garnish it with a drizzle (2 tbsp) of peanut butter and a few chocolate chips (optional). Serve the hummus with strawberries, pretzels, or crackers.
Store leftover hummus in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cacao Powder Substitute: You can substitute cocoa powder or carob powder 1:1 for cacao powder.
- Maple Syrup Substitute: If you don't want to use maple syrup, you can use agave syrup instead. If you need a low glycemic sweetener, I recommend that you try date syrup. Date syrup is naturally sweet and it's so delicious!
- Peanut Butter Substitute: You can substitute almond butter or sun butter 1:1 for peanut butter.
- Coconut Milk Substitute: Instead of coconut milk, you can use any unsweetened plain (not vanilla flavored) plant milk, aquafaba (the liquid from the can of chickpeas), or water.
- Chickpea Options: You can use canned chickpeas for this recipe or you can cook 3/4 cup of dried chickpeas (cover by 2-3 inches of water) in your Instant Pot on high pressure for 35 minutes and then let it naturally slow release for 20 minutes.
- Make sure that you drain the chickpeas very well before you add them to the blender.
- If you only have sweetened plant milk, adjust the amount of maple syrup that you use so the hummus isn't too sweet.
- Store leftover hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or freeze it for a future snack.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 2mg