Easy Curried Tofu Scramble Recipe
This high-protein curried tofu scramble recipe is an easy vegan breakfast that will please the whole family! It's loaded with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and tons of curry flavor! Vegan and gluten-free.
Servings 4 servings
Large Saute Pan
Tofu Scramble -
- 2-3 tbsp low-sodium vegetable broth (You could also use water or olive oil)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 block firm or extra firm organic tofu, pressed and drained
- 2-3 cups Roughly chopped greens (Kale, spinach, arugula, dandelion greens)
In a large pan, saute the onions in vegetable broth for 5 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and diced red peppers. Cook for 10 minutes.
Push the cooked veggies to one side of the pan. Put the block of pressed and drained tofu on the other side of the pan and break it up into chunks using a wooden spatula. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
Put all of the seasonings into a small bowl and add just enough water to be able to whisk it together. Pour the mixture over the broken up tofu and toss until each piece is coated. Mix the veggies and tofu together.
Add the greens, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the greens have wilted. Serve hot, and top with green onions and hot sauce!
- Pressing the tofu is a must, you have to drain the water out or you will end up with a squishy tofu scramble.
- Use a tofu press instead of paper towels to quickly drain the water from the tofu with less mess.
- When you break up the tofu, break it up into bigger and smaller chunks so there's a texture difference.
- Try to add the spice mixture directly on the tofu, not the vegetables, so the tofu will absorb the turmeric powder for color and the other seasonings for flavor.
- The turmeric is not for flavor, it's what gives the tofu scramble recipe a vibrant yellow color. You really don't taste it so don't skip it!
- Use black salt to give your tofu scramble seasoning an egg-flavored boost!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2775IU | Vitamin C: 58.7mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2.3mg