Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic
You're going to make this maple dijon roasted brussel sprouts with garlic recipe over and over again. These brussel sprouts are super tender, they're coated in the most flavorful tangy sauce, and they have perfectly crispy edges! Vegan and gluten-free.
Servings 6 servings
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Prep the brussel sprouts: Peel any discolored outer layers off, cut off the tough stems, and cut the brussel sprout in half. Lay the brussel sprouts in a single layer on a parchment-lined tray.
Maple Dijon Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and olive oil. Pour the sauce over the brussel sprouts and toss to coat each one. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Roast the brussel sprouts for 18-20 minutes or until tender and the edges are brown and crispy. Remove the tray from the oven and top with vegan parmesan cheese.
- Try to pick out brussel sprouts that are similar in size so they cook evenly.
- You can use fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder but make sure to check them while they're cooking and remove the tray from the oven if the garlic starts to brown or burn.
- Topping the brussel sprouts with vegan parmesan is optional. You could also top with green onions or a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Don't skip prepping the brussel sprouts. It's necessary to cut the tough stem off and peel off any brown outer leaves. You don't have to cut them in half but I think they taste better that way. The crispy edges are life!
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half and arrange them in a single layer face down on the pan so they have more surface area to get the delicious brown crispy edges.
- Don't overcrowd the pan, you want the brussel sprouts to roast and get crispy, not steam.
- Mushy brussel sprouts do not taste good, please don't overcook them! Check the brussel sprouts for doneness while they're roasting 5 minutes before the timer goes off. Some ovens are hotter than others.
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg