Vegan Chive Cream Cheese
Are you looking for the best vegan cream cheese? You found it! This oil-free spread is super creamy, easy to make, affordable, and it's ready to eat in 20 minutes! Spread it on anything you like for a delicious breakfast or snack!
Servings 8 servings
Small Food Processor
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds unsalted
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 oz chives chopped
In a medium saucepan, cover the seeds with 1-inch of clean water. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-high. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Drain any excess water.
In a small food processor cup, combine the boiled seeds, lemon juice, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend the mixture for about 3-5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. If the texture is grainy, keep blending until it's smooth!
Lastly, add the chopped chives and pulse it a few times to mix them in. You can eat it immediately or chill it for 30 minutes before serving.
- Boil the sunflower seeds for 10 minutes or soak them overnight to soften them and make them easier to digest and easier to blend.
- Use a mini food processor cup or small blender cup to make the cream cheese. If you use a large cup, it will be difficult to blend the ingredients together unless you're doubling the recipe.
- Cashews can be substituted 1:1 for the sunflower seeds if necessary.
- Wait to stir in the chives at the end, so they don't get obliterated when you're blending everything together. I think it looks nice to see the whole bits of chopped chives swirled throughout.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or you can freeze it.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg