Vegan Broccoli Salad
Vegan broccoli salad is super creamy, crunchy, and delicious! It's loaded with crisp broccoli florets, sweet grapes, red onions, crunchy pumpkin seeds, and tangy dried cherries that are tossed in cashew cream sauce. Complete your summer cookouts or party with this easy to make gluten-free and vegan side dish!
Servings 6 servings
Boil the cashews in water for 10 minutes. Drain any excess water and set the cashews aside to cool.
Add the cashews, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper to a blender. Blend on high until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Trim the stems off the broccoli and cut the florets into bite-sized pieces. Put the broccoli into a large mixing bowl along with 1 ½ cups halved grapes, ¾ cup diced red onion, ½ cup dried cherries, ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds, and all of the cashew cream sauce.
Use a large spoon to toss the salad together until everything is coated with the cashew sauce. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
You can enjoy the salad immediately or put it into the fridge to chill for one hour before serving.
- Don't use frozen broccoli because it was already blanched before it was frozen so it won't have the same crispy texture as fresh broccoli does.
- Cut the broccoli into small, uniform, bite-sized pieces so it's easier to eat.
- Halve all of the grapes at the same time by putting them on a large plate and then put another large plate on top of the grapes. Then slide a long thin serrated knife in between the plates and slice all the grapes at once!
- I think the vegan broccoli salad tastes best chilled, so I like to refrigerate it for one hour before serving.
- Store the leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1325IU | Vitamin C: 140mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 4mg