Whole Lemon Pomegranate Smoothie
Give your immune system a healthy boost with this vibrant vegan lemon pomegranate smoothie! It's made with a whole lemon, pomegranate arils, frozen blueberries, and sweet frozen mango to perfectly balance the natural tartness. It's tangy, refreshing, and loaded with antioxidants and vitamins to start your day off right!
- 1/4 cup frozen pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 small whole frozen lemon (peel included)
- 1 medium whole frozen kiwi (peel removed)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
Add the frozen fruit, unsweetened almond milk, and seeds to a large blender cup and blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, keep adding 1 tbsp of plant milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Use as much frozen fruit as possible! Fresh fruit is great but it won't give your smoothie that frosty texture. It will blend well, but you'll need to add ice to chill it.
- If you use fresh pomegranate, remove the arils on top of a large plate or put a piece of parchment paper on top of a cutting board so the red juices won't stain anything.
- Add the hemp seeds, chia seeds, and ground flax to the smoothie after you pour in the plant milk. I've found that if you add the seeds before you add the plant milk, the seeds settle and stick to the bottom of the cup and it makes the blender cup difficult to clean.
- You can store leftover pomegranate lemon smoothie in the fridge for 1-2 days but I don't think that is tastes as good as when you first make it fresh. If you have leftover smoothie, I like to pour the extra into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Then you can add the frozen cubes to the next fruit smoothie that you make.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 1mg