Vegan Thai Yellow Cauliflower Lentil Curry
Vegan cauliflower curry is loaded with protein-rich red lentils, tender cauliflower florets, spinach, and the most flavorful yellow Thai curry sauce! This vibrant gluten-free meal is easy to make in one pan and it's ready to eat in 1 hour!
Servings 8 servings
In a large pan, saute the diced onion in water or vegetable broth for 10 minutes or until translucent.
Add the minced garlic, turmeric powder, and thai yellow paste to the pan. Stir and saute for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the rinsed and drained red lentils, cauliflower florets (plus the chopped up green leaves and stem) coconut milk, and vegetable broth. Bring it to a low simmer and then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the vegan fish sauce (optional), lime juice, and frozen spinach to the pan. Stir to combine and let it cook for 5 more minutes or until the spinach has fully defrosted.
Serve over brown rice and garnish with a slice of lime.
- This is the vegan yellow curry paste that I used. You can make it from scratch if you prefer, but I love this one because it's so flavorful and convenient to keep on hand.
- The yellow curry paste contains turmeric but adding the extra ½ tsp really boosts the vibrant yellow color of this dish.
- Use canned full fat coconut milk to make the sauce incredibly creamy. My favorite coconut milk is this one from Whole Foods.
- The vegan fish sauce is an optional ingredient, but I have found that it adds a delicious umami flavor to the vegan cauliflower curry. If you don't use it, you may need to add a little bit of salt to taste.
- Don't throw out the cauliflower leaves or stem, you can dice them small and add it to the curry. All parts of the cauliflower are delicious and edible.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or you can freeze it for a future meal.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 765mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3904IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 5mg