Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
This Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme is stuffed with flavorful lentil meat, black beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes and it's wrapped in a toasted tortilla shell! Slather the crunchwrap in guacamole or salsa for a truly delicious and satisfying 30-minute meal.
Large Saute Pan
- 10 large burrito tortillas
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese (I used Violife vegan cheddar)
- 25 tortilla chips (or 5 tostadas)
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (I used Kite Hill unsweetened greek yogurt)
- 1 small head romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 tsp avocado oil (to toast)
In a large pan over medium heat, saute the diced onion in 3-4 tbsp of vegetable broth until they're soft and translucent.
Add the minced garlic, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir and let it cook for 2 minutes to toast the spices. Add the cooked lentils and black beans. Mix it well to combine.
Warm one large tortilla and lay it on a flat surface like a cutting board or large plate. Add 1/2 cup of the lentil and bean mixture to the center of the wrap and top it with a sprinkle of vegan shredded cheese.
Add the crunchy layer (tostada, tortilla chips, or a hard shell taco that's cracked in half) and spread a layer of vegan sour cream over it. Top with thinly sliced lettuce and diced tomatoes.
Put a small bowl upside down on top of a second large tortilla and use a knife to trace the bowl and cut out a small 5-inch circle. Put that small tortilla on top of the lettuce and tomato and press it down lightly with your hand.
Use one hand to hold the small tortilla in place and then use your other hand to fold up the edges (about 6 folds) to seal the crunchwrap.
Add 1 tsp of avocado oil (or you can toast it dry if you're oil-free) to a large pan over medium heat and swirl the oil around the pan. Put the crunchwrap folded side down into the hot pan. Let it toast up for 2-3 minutes or until its golden brown and the edges are sealed together. Using a large pancake spatula, flip the crunchwrap over and cook it for a few more minutes until the other side is lightly golden too.
You can serve the crunchwrap whole or slice it in half with a side of vegan nacho cheese, guacamole, or salsa.
- Use large (about 10-inches) burrito-sized vegan tortillas. This recipe won't work with small tortillas because they aren't big enough to fold up and seal the edges.
- It's okay if you don't have tostadas, you can use tortilla chips to get a similar crunchy texture!
- These vegan crunchwraps are delicious by themselves but they taste even better when you dip them into salsa, guacamole, nacho cheese, sour cream, or vegan ranch.
- You can also use the leftover lentil meat to make tacos, breakfast burritos, taco salad, or mix it into taco pasta.
- Store the leftover lentil meat in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or you can freeze it.
Calories: 632kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1360mg | Potassium: 754mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5745IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 8mg