Vegan Star-Spangled Skewers
Star-Spangled skewers are the easiest 4th of July appetizer that you'll ever make! They only take 5 minutes to assemble and you can store them in the fridge until party time! Vegan and gluten-free.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 24 servings
Small star-shaped cutter
- 1 medium watermelon, cut into 24 stars
- 24 blueberries
- 7 oz block of vegan feta (I recommend Violife feta)
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic glaze
Cut the watermelon into slices and then use the star cutter to cut out 24 stars.
Cut the vegan feta into chunks and assemble the skewers: Watermelon Star->Blueberry->Feta.
Drizzle balsamic glaze over the skewers right before you serve it.
- If you don't like vegan feta, you could substitute baked tofu cubes instead.
- You could use a bigger star cutter for the watermelon if you want to make it more than just a small bite.
- If you don't want to make skewers, you could also use these ingredients to make a festive cold salad!
- You can make the skewers the day before and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top right before serving.
Serving: 1skewer | Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1065IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.5mg