Watermelon Salsa Recipe
Watermelon salsa is the best summer snack, it's fresh, fruity, and absolutely delicious! You'll love the sweet and tangy flavors in this refreshing twist on classic salsa! Vegan & gluten-free.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Resting Time 1 hour
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups seedless watermelon diced
- 1 large mango diced
- 3 kiwis diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- sea salt to taste
Dice the watermelon, kiwi, mango, red onion, and roughly chop the cilantro. Add the fresh fruit, red onion, and cilantro to a large mixing bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and lime juice. Pour the dressing over the fruit salsa. Toss to combine and season with salt to taste.
Put the watermelon salsa in the fridge for at least one hour to let the flavors meld before serving.
- Look for a round (not oval) watermelon with a yellow spot (not white) on its belly and lots of sugar webbing lines. If you find a watermelon with all of these features then it should be sugar sweet!
- If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they have a 6-pack of organic kiwi's for a great price! That's where I always get my kiwi's from.
- If you have the choice, don't pick a white or yellow onion instead of a red onion. Red onions are loaded with antioxidants and they have the best flavor for fresh salsa.
- Store the watermelon salsa in the fridge for one hour before serving so it has time to chill and to let the flavors meld.
- Store the leftover watermelon salsa in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 87.7mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.5mg