This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SilkDairyFree #CollectiveBias
Dairy-free peppermint bread that has a delicate peppermint flavor, white chocolate chips swirled throughout, and a peppermint candy cane crumble on top. This bread would be perfect for a Christmas eve treat or a Christmas morning breakfast!
I don’t have a dairy allergy, but I do choose to limit our dairy intake. We drink Silk almond milk on a daily basis, and I only use milk or cheese when I absolutely can’t replace it in a recipe. Creating a dairy-free holiday recipe has been on my to-do list for a while now.
One of my favorite baking tricks is to add greek yogurt to my dessert or quick breads, because it makes it super moist. Who wants dry bread? Not me! So, I was very excited to find that Silk has a dairy-free yogurt available. It would be the perfect replacement for the greek yogurt in my bread recipes!
I haven’t started my holiday baking just yet, but this was a great practice round for a new recipe that I’m sure everyone will love! Travis sure loved it, he’s my #1 taste tester. He couldn’t even tell the peppermint bread is dairy free. It’s moist, full of peppermint flavor and he loved the dairy-free white chocolate chips swirled throughout. Silk Yogurt is the perfect everyday yogurt for your life, it can be enjoyed so many different ways!
I love that it’s Non-GMO, and has no artificial flavors or colors in it. I feel good eating it, knowing that it’s plant powered nutrition and I’m getting 6g of protein per serving. It’s an easy way to get my calcium and vitamin D in, while enjoying a smooth and creamy snack. I can’t wait to try the other flavors that I picked up at Walmart.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Silk dairy-free vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1⅔ cup AP flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dairy-free white chocolate chips
- 4 candy canes, crushed
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- 4 T unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the loaf pan.
- Combine ¼ cup coconut oil and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, ½ cup coconut oil, Silk dairy-free yogurt, peppermint extract, and applesauce. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet bowl while the mixer is stirring on medium speed. Mix until combined.
- Stir in 2 crushed candy canes, and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick, when it comes out clean it's done!
- While the loaf is baking, make the glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar with almond milk and pinch of salt. Taste.
- Check the bread with a toothpick, remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Poke holes all over the loaf, and pour half the glaze over the top.
- Let the glaze set up for 5 minutes, it will harden slightly. Pour the rest of the glaze over the bread.
- Immediately sprinkle 2 crushed candy canes over the icing while it's still soft. Let dry for 5 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Pour the rest of the glaze over the top.
- Let cool completely, slice and enjoy!
Don’t you love the candy cane crumble on top? It’s so festive! Just make sure you crush the candy canes small enough so you have little bits. You don’t want to bite into the bread and get a huge hunk of candy cane, you just want the essence of peppermint with a little crunch.
Do you like to give homemade baked goods as gifts? I feel like it shows that you put a lot of effort and thought into it. I don’t really know my neighbors or post man well enough to pick out a personal gift for them, but I know they would enjoy a sweet treat! I know my mom will too!
After the peppermint bread and icing has fully cooled, wrap it in plastic wrap or a decorative holiday cellophane bag. I like to tie a pretty ribbon around the bread, top with a bow, and add a handmade gift tag. You can print these gift tags to cut out, and use on your own holiday baked goods. Happy baking!
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
You may also like…