Sweet blueberry compote with fresh vanilla beans and an orange twist. Perfect for pouring over pancakes, waffles or vanilla ice cream!
Vanilla Blueberry Citrus Compote
This blueberry compote is soooo delicious. It would be the perfect topping for waffles, pancakes, ice cream or cake. Serve it warm with dessert at your next dinner party and your guests will think you slaved in the kitchen for hours making this special treat for them. The vanilla bean mingles perfectly with the blueberries and the orange juice adds the perfect tang.
Serve it warm with dessert at your next dinner party and your guests will think you slaved in the kitchen for hours making this special treat for them. The vanilla bean mingles perfectly with the blueberries and the orange juice adds the perfect tang.
Blueberry Compote Secret Ingredient
The secret to making this so darn tasty is the fresh Mohea vanilla bean I used. It has so much more authentic flavor than just vanilla extract.
After you scrape out the seeds, toss the vanilla bean shell into the compote too! It’s going to deepen the vanilla flavor even more!
The blueberry compote is sweet and thick, the perfect consistency for pouring all over an ice cream sundae or a big stack of blueberry pancakes.
- 2½ + ½ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- Add 2½ cups of blueberries, sugar, and orange juice to a medium sauce pan.
- Cut the vanilla bean down the middle and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and add them to the saucepan. Throw the empty vanilla bean pod in for extra flavor.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and let cook for 15-20 minutes until thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Using the back of your spoon, lightly mash some of the blueberries. It helps to release the juices.
- minutes before it's done, add the remaining ½ cup of blueberries, stir.
- Remove from heat, take the vanilla bean pod out of the sauce.
- Serve warm over dessert.
What would you pair with this warm blueberry citrus compote? Let me know in the comments!
Never miss a Stacey Homemaker creation!
Add me on SnapChat to see what I’m cooking today! – StaceyHomemaker
You may also like…