Spice up your plain avocado toast breakfast by adding last night’s leftover buffalo cauliflower on top! Buffalo cauliflower avocado toast will be your new go-to! Vegan and dairy-free.
Buffalo cauliflower avocado toast happened completely by accident. I’d made a batch of our favorite spicy buffalo cauliflower the night before to go with our dinner. The next morning, I was making my favorite breakfast, avocado toast.
Once I realized that I didn’t have any toppings for my avocado toast, I thought, “Hey, maybe that leftover buffalo cauliflower from last night would be good on toast?!”
I mean, on days that I do eat avocado toast plain, I at least load it up with cayenne pepper to give it a kick! The spicy kick would probably be similar and it would be more filling to have the cauliflower on top too, right?! I tried it and I loved it!
It’s spicy and loaded with flavor and a hint of garlic which pairs so well with the cool and creamy mashed avocado. It really amps up the avocado toast to the next level! It was so filling that I could’ve eaten it for lunch instead of breakfast.
More Cauliflower Recipes You’ll Love
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Avocado Toast
- 1 head of cauliflower, florets cut off
- 2 pieces of bread toasted
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1 cup of buffalo cauliflower florets
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (use hot sauce to make it vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower in buffalo (or hot) sauce, salt and pepper, and roast for 20-25 minutes on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Toast both slices of bread and slather mashed avocado on both pieces. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each piece of toast with 1/2 cup of buffalo cauliflower.
- I used leftover buffalo cauliflower from dinner the night before but you could easily make a tray full and then portion it out for the week.