Spice up your plain avocado toast breakfast by adding last night’s leftover buffalo cauliflower on top! Buffalo cauliflower avocado toast will be your new go-to! Vegan and dairy-free.
Buffalo cauliflower avocado toast happened completely by accident!
I’d made a batch of our favorite spicy buffalo cauliflower the night before to go with our dinner. It’s the only way I can get Travis to eat cauliflower unless it’s hidden in a meal. He just doesn’t like it roasted plain but he loves it coated in buffalo or hot sauce!
Our Favorite Hidden Cauliflower Recipes:
- 30-Minute Ginger Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower Cashew Cream Alfredo Sauce
- Spicy Thai Red Curry Cauliflower Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Spinach Pearl Couscous
Travis usually polishes off any cauliflower that’s left on the tray so we never have any leftover. I guess he was full because there were a few straggler florets left on the tray. I put them away and just figured he’d eat them for a snack the next day.
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl. Add the buffalo or hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well until each piece is coated and spices are dispersed evenly.
- Lay the cauliflower on a parchment lined tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Mash the avocado and spread it on toasted bread. Season with salt and pepper and top with cauliflower.
Buffalo Cauliflower Avocado Toast
Well, the next morning, I was making my customary favorite breakfast —> avocado toast, like I do every morning. I looked in the fridge and realized that I didn’t have any rainbow cherry tomatoes, or peaches, or fruit to top it with. I’ve been on a kick lately of loading up my avocado toast with lots of different toppings and trying different flavor combos like…
- Cherry tomato balsamic avocado toast
- Blackberry peach basil avocado toast
- Caprese avocado toast
- Dragonfruit avocado toast
- Roasted beets & feta avocado toast
- Corn black bean & cilantro avocado toast
- Fried egg avocado toast
- Scrambled egg & tomato avocado toast with salsa (see picture below)
Once I realized that I didn’t have anything to top my avocado toast with, I thought, “hey, maybe that leftover buffalo cauliflower from last night would be good?!”
I mean, on days that I do eat avocado toast plain, I at least load it up with cayenne pepper to give it a kick! The spicy kick would probably be similar and it would be more filling to have the cauliflower on top too, right?!
Yessss! I tried it and I loved it!
It’s spicy and loaded with flavor and a hint of garlic which pairs so well with the cool and creamy mashed avocado. It really amps up the avocado toast to the next level! It was so filling that I could’ve eaten it for lunch instead of breakfast. I ended up skipping lunch that day since I was so stuffed from breakfast!
BTW this —> is my favorite bread to use for avocado toast, just in case you were wondering!
[tweetthis]I pick #buffalo #cauliflower #avocadotoast when I’m craving something #spicy for #breakfast![/tweetthis]
Even if you just had plain roasted cauliflower, I think it would be delicious on the avocado toast too. You could drizzle hot sauce, bbq sauce, or buffalo sauce on top if you wanted to add flavor. A handful of cilantro would be a nice flavor touch too!
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Avocado Toast
- 1 head of cauliflower, florets cut off
- 2 pieces of bread toasted
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1 cup of buffalo cauliflower florets
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (use hot sauce to make it vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower in buffalo (or hot) sauce, salt and pepper, and roast for 20-25 minutes on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Toast both slices of bread and slather mashed avocado on both pieces. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each piece of toast with 1/2 cup of buffalo cauliflower.
- I used leftover buffalo cauliflower from dinner the night before but you could easily make a tray full and then portion it out for the week.
I really enjoyed the buffalo cauliflower avocado toast, I mean really enjoyed it. Travis didn’t get to try it since I just used up the leftover buffalo cauliflower but I know he’d love it. I think this week I’m going to make a batch of buffalo cauliflower so I’ll have it on hand so I can make buffalo cauliflower avocado toast for lunch a few times.
I just know you’re going to love this buffalo cauliflower avocado toast! If you make it, please tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #StaceyHomemaker so I can see your tasty creation!
What are your favorite avocado toast toppings? Let me know in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission (with no extra cost to you) if you make a purchase by using one of my links. I just want to share the products I actually use on a daily basis with you.
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
Add me on SnapChat to see what I’m cooking today! – StaceyHomemaker
A few more breakfast recipes you might also like…