This shop has been compensated by Albertsons. All opinions are mine alone. #StockUpOnPace #CollectiveBias #Albertsons
Tacos you can have for breakfast! Loaded with roasted butternut squash chunks, crunchy cabbage, spicy salsa, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, and guacamole to start your day off right! Vegetarian.
Who doesn’t love tacos, they’re easy to make and delicious! So, it got me thinking, how could I transform them into a breakfast dish? Obviously, they would need at least one breakfast staple, like scrambled eggs.
This past week, I’ve been making all things pumpkin, squash, or orange….I’ve been a bit obsessed with fall inspired recipes. So, why not use my favorite roasted butternut squash bites as the “meaty” part of the taco. Sounds like a delicious idea to me!
These butternut squash chunks are sweet and spicy, the best of both worlds! The best part is the caramelized edges, I flip them halfway through roasting, so you get both sides to be caramelized!
The easiest way I’ve found to prepare butternut squash is to cook it whole, on a baking sheet, for 25 minutes. Skin it, remove the seeds, and cut it into chunks. While the squash chunks are cooking, cook your scrambled eggs.
Okay, now that you have your scrambled eggs, and the butternut squash chunks, it’s time for the fun part! Let’s build these breakfast tacos!
How to Make Breakfast Tacos!
Start with one tortilla and add:
- Scrambled eggs or scrambled tofu
- Roasted butternut squash
- Pace salsa
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Green onions
Doesn’t that look delicious? I love all the different flavors and textures that are in the tacos. You have creamy guac, spicy Pace salsa, sweet butternut squash, crunchy cabbage, and a little bite from the green onions. It doesn’t get any better then this, I’m tellin’ ya! I make these breakfast tacos a few times a month, and I never hear any complaints. It’s all smiles when these tacos are on the table!
If you’ve tried these breakfast tacos or any other recipe on the blog, please remember to rate the recipe and let me know what you thought of it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious vegan recipes + our monthly trips to Disney World!
Loaded Southwest Breakfast Tacos
Roasted Butternut Squash -
Breakfast Taco Ingredients -
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Pace Salsa
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 4 tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the whole squash for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel it, remove the seeds, and cut it into 1 inch chunks. Toss the chunks in olive oil and lay them on a parchment lined tray. Add garlic powder, cumin, paprika, garam masala, sea salt, and pepper to a small bowl and mix it together. Sprinkle the seasonings over the squash chunks, and mix it with your hands to make sure each piece is coated with the seasonings. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tender, and flip the squash over halfway through.
- While the squash is baking, cook the scrambled eggs. Set aside until you're ready to assemble the tacos.
- Build the tacos! Spread the guacamole on the tortilla, add the eggs, squash chunks, red cabbage, salsa, and green onions. Enjoy!