This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
Easy 30 minute chocolate strawberry jam filled muffins are the perfect treat to give to someone you love on Valentine’s day!
It’s officially February and Valentine’s day is almost here! ??❤️
I brought my Valentines decorations out yesterday, I planted bright pink begonias outside, and we started talking about what our plans are for the big day. When Travis and I were first dating, we always went out on February 14th to celebrate. Now, we like to celebrate a few days before or after V-day.
Going out on the actual day is hard– the restaurants are always packed and you have to wait forever for a table if you didn’t plan reservation months in advance. I’d much rather go out on a regular night and then stay at home in our jammies and watch some Netflix on Valentine’s Day. As long as you celebrate at some point, that’s all that matters. It’s really just about showing each other a little extra love and attention.
When I was little, my mom always made us a special Valentine’s day treats. She made heart-shaped pancakes with strawberry milk for breakfast, a heart-shaped sandwich for lunch and stuffed extra love notes stuck in our pockets when we weren’t looking.
If I still lived at home, I’m sure she would still make me that special breakfast!
When we got home from school, there would be a heart-shaped goodie-filled basket on the table for each of us. My mom still makes me a little basket each year! I’m pretty sure I have the best mama ever!
Now my mom comes to my house and we exchange Valentine goodies and then go out to lunch or go see a movie together. I usually make her a little basket and bake her a loaf of her favorite parmesan rosemary garlic bread. This year, I wanted to make her something different.
I tested this recipe 3 times, just to make sure it was perfect for you. The first time, I made it the way I always do so I could taste test and compare the muffins that were made with AP flour and the muffins I made with oat flour.
I still like my original recipe, the AP flour gives the muffins a light, fluffy texture– BUT now I actually prefer the muffins made with oat flour. The oat flour muffins have a light crumb and taste slightly denser which make them seem extra fudgy to me. Which I love!
What I really love about these chocolate strawberry jam filled muffins is that I only used coconut oil, raw honey and real maple syrup to sweeten them.
Tip – Adding a little bit of fresh coffee grounds to the batter really enhances the chocolate flavor in baked goods.
After the muffins cooled, I used an apple corer to remove a little bit of the center from each muffin. Then I filled a ziplock baggie with strawberry fruit spread and piped it into the holes. When you bite into the muffin and get a taste of chocolate and strawberry jam…ohhh yeah!!!
Chocolate Strawberry Jam Filled Muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp fresh coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup M&M's® Strawberry for topping
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam for filling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa and coffee grounds in one large bowl. Mix all wet ingredients except strawberry jam, in a separate large bowl.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet ingredients, careful not to over mix. Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Grease a muffins pan, and fill each cup 3/4 of the way up. Top each muffin with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 5 minutes, reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done baking.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then carefully move them to a wire rack. While they're still warm, lightly press the M&M's® Strawberry into the top of the muffins. (If you put them in before baking they will sink and dissolve into the muffins.)
- Once fully cooled, use an apple corer and push halfway down into the muffin, twist and pull it out. Repeat on all 12 muffins.
- Fill a ziploc baggie with strawberry spread and pipe into each muffin.