This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadTheMagic #CollectiveBias
Do you know what my favorite dessert flavor combo is? Any guesses? No? Okay, I’ll tell you!
It’s……. C H O C O L A T E & P E A N U T B U T T E R!
I’ve tasted every chocolate and peanut butter dessert that’s come my way. Cake, cookies, ice cream, cupcakes, donuts, muffins, and candy, but it always comes back to one dessert. The chocolate peanut butter cup! I used to always buy a bag of a certain peanut butter cups, but I wanted to find a way to make them myself at home, and I did!
They’re so easy to make too! You can have homemade chocolate peanut butter cups in 15 minutes or less! I realize this could be very dangerous for some of us who have no self-control, like me, when it comes to chocolate peanut butter treats, but you have to try it! Did I mention it only takes 3 ingredients to make these little chocolate peanut butter flavor bombs?
You only need chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil for the peanut butter cups, and sea salt and caramel for the drizzle. Could it be any easier? I think not!
I use mini cupcake liners for the peanut butter cups. It’s just like the real deal candy, and it makes clean up a breeze. Pick a cute pattern for the mini cupcake liners! I used a spiderweb pattern since it’s the first day of October, and I’m already gearing up for Halloween! Our decorations have been out since the middle of September!
You also need a mini muffin tin to make these treats. It’s the perfect shaped mold to hold and help form the peanut butter cups. If you don’t have a tray, go check your local thrift store. That’s where I got mine and they had quite a few stacked up. Although, if you wanted to make jumbo peanut butter cups with a regular sized muffin tin, I’m not judging! Actually, can you save one for me?! Pretty please with salted caramel on top?
If you’ve tried these chocolate peanut butter cups or any other recipe on the blog, please remember to rate the recipe and let me know what you thought of it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious vegan recipes + our monthly trips to Disney World!
More Dessert Posts You’ll Love!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups with a Salted Caramel Drizzle
- Put the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Stir to combine and then put it in the microwave for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Line the mini muffin tray with mini cupcake liners and pour 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each cup. Put the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to help it set up.
- Remove tray from the freezer. Using 2 spoons, scoop 1 teaspoon of peanut butter with one spoon and use the other spoon to scrape it off the spoon and into the cup.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a small cup or bowl. Dip a clean spoon into it and use the spoon to smooth out the peanut butter ball, and press it into the edges. Having the oil on the spoon helps the peanut butter to not stick to the spoon.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the remaining empty space in the cups, until each cup is filled to the top. Put the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and transfer it to a wire tray. Drizzle caramel sauce over each cup plus a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Store leftover cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.