Up your morning smoothie game with these 29 delicious healthy fruit smoothie recipes. Each recipe is loaded with fruit and nutrition to jumpstart your day! Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free.
***This post contains affiliate links.
Ya know, I never used to really like smoothies.
Why? Because I was doing it wrong!
I bet you’re thinking, “you can’t mess up a smoothie recipe, it’s too easy!”
Well, let me tell you.
I was blending a handful of greens with a handful of fruit and using water as a mixer and no frozen fruit! What was I thinking?
My smoothies turned out room temperature, watered down, and they were usually gray. I didn’t understand what people liked about them!?
Easy Smoothie Recipe Tips
I kept playing around with different variations and I started to notice that the smoothies that I really liked and enjoyed drinking were creamy smoothies that followed a flavor profile: fruity, green, chocolate, vanilla, etc. Not just a bunch of random ingredients thrown together with water as a mixer. It doesn’t work when you just put in a little bit of everything, hit the blend button, and cross your fingers.
If you use fruits that taste good together + follow the tips below, your smoothie will turn out delicious!
- Make it easy on yourself, buy bulk bags of frozen organic fruit (Costco is my go-to place to get a good deal on organic frozen fruit– my vegan Costco shopping list has all the fruit prices) to use for your smoothies.
- Don’t use water as the liquid component, creamy nut or plant milk makes it taste so much better! Trust!
- If you come across a smoothie recipe that calls for orange juice, substitute plant milk. Orange juice is loaded with sugar and you’re already getting plenty of natural sugar from the fruit.
- Smoothies need a creamy ingredient, I prefer bananas, or almond butter…sometimes both!
- Don’t add ice to make it cold, it just waters the smoothie down. Use frozen fruit instead.
- Use a high-powered blender to make super smooth and creamy smoothies. You don’t want a gritty smoothie, it’s just wrong! (Read the next section to see which blender that I think is the best smoothie maker.)