This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias
I’ve always loved candles, especially Yankee Candle® fragrances. When I was younger, my mom and I would go to the Yankee Candle® store at our local mall, and spend hours smelling all the different fragrances and picking out new candles.
Now that I’m older, and have my own household to take care of, we don’t get as many opportunities to spend hours at the candle store. So, I’m sure you can understand my excitement when I learned that Walmart was going to start carrying a candle line called, American Home™ by Yankee Candle®. How convenient is that?! I can get my grocery shopping done and pick out some new candles for my home! You can find the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® line in the Home and Candle section of Walmart.
On my last trip to Walmart, I picked out two new American Home™ by Yankee Candle® fragrances. I like the 12oz medium jars best, not too big and they have great scent throw. Plus, they definitely fit within my splurge budget! Each 12oz medium jar candle was only $10.93. Great quality candles at an affordable price, I’ll take it!
We live in Florida and are 10 minutes from the beach, we love to feel the sand between our toes! Naturally, we decorated our home with a beach theme. The first American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candle I picked out is Sunny Sands. The fragrance smells like a day at the beach. Imagine, you’re standing in the sand, the water is just barely lapping up and touching your toes, the sun is shining and all you smell is saltwater. This American Home™ candle will fit in perfectly with our motif and I know Travis, my fiancé, will love it too. I’m going to put it in the living room, so we can enjoy it every day.
If you’ve read any of my recent posts, you would know that I’m counting the days until fall. I’m so ready for cooler weather, sweaters, boots and everything pumpkin! I like to slowly start bringing out the fall decorations in the beginning of September. Don’t judge! Haha I want to have enough time to enjoy them!
I’m going to start the transition slowly by making a fall themed dinner tonight for Travis. The second American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candle I chose, is Ginger Pumpkin Pie. That screams fall to me and the fragrance is everything I love about fall, bottled up and made into a candle. I’m going to set the table scape with my American Home™ Ginger Pumpkin Pie candle as the centerpiece. For dinner, I’m making butternut squash panini’s. I love squash all year long but it seems especially fall-ish to me!
- 1 Small butternut squash
- 1 Small wedge of brie cheese
- 1 avocado
- ½ small onion
- 1 Cup of raw spinach leaves
- 4 slices of thick bread
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 T Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half and lay face up on on a tray. Drizzle 1 T of olive oil over the top. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both halves. Flip over and add ¼ cup water to the tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until you can easily pierce with a knife. Remove & let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, slice the onion into long thin slices. Salute in 1 T olive oil for 8 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and let cook for 1 minutes. Onions will absorb it very quickly and look almost black! Remove from heat.
- Build the sandwich. Lay spinach down first, add 2 slices of squash, spread brie on top of warm squash so it starts to melt. Add balsamic onions on top.
- Mash 1 avocado, add salt pepper, and garlic. Spread on top piece of bread for each sandwich.
- Spray the top of the sandwich with olive oil so it gets crispy when you press the sandwich. I used my mini George Foreman grill. Each sandwich took 2-3 minutes.
This panini is seriously delicious. The buttery squash, creamy brie, tangy balsamic onions and avocado spread make the perfect fall combo! It’s packed with flavor, good for your waistline and extremely filling! Doesn’t the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® Ginger Pumpkin Pie candle set the mood perfectly for my fall themed dinner? Travis loved it too!
Be very careful when using your American Home™ by Yankee Candle® fragrances, follow the instructions that are on the candle label.
I love the two new American Home™ by Yankee Candle® fragrances I got at Walmart and I’ve been enjoying them everyday! Where could you put an American Home™ by Yankee Candle® fragrance in your home? Do you like them in the living room, bedroom, or kitchen? Let me know in the comments!