This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MMSFlavorVote #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Super moist, greek yogurt chocolate donuts that are baked, not fried. Topped with a crunchy M&M’s® Coffee Nut crumble that will make any coffee lover swoon.
I’m sure this is something that we can all agree on.
We all love donuts!
I mean really, who doesn’t love a freshly baked donut? How can you resist? I can’t.
When I was younger, I remember my dad would drive all the way to Tampa at 6am on the weekend to get to our favorite donut shop before they sold out of our favorite donuts. I would wake up hoping to see that white cardboard box on the kitchen counter.
I don’t eat donuts that often now because I try to stay away from fried foods. So I thought it was about time that I tried making them myself at home.
Boy am I glad I did because these baked chocolate donuts came out so darn yummy! I didn’t feel guilty at all eating a few right when they came out of the oven since they were baked, not fried.
I know it’s predictable, but I sure do love having a steaming hot cup of my favorite Columbian coffee along with a donut. I don’t dunk, but they just go so perfectly together.
Can you guess what makes these baked chocolate donuts so moist?
Okay, so it’s not really a secret ingredient. I’m sure you’ve baked with greek yogurt before. It’s my go-to staple ingredient whenever I want something I’m baking to be extra creamy or moist. Or, if a recipe calls for sour cream or oil, I almost always sub greek yogurt 1:1.
I have one more secret to share with you! Whenever I bake something chocolate flavored, I always put fresh coffee grounds in the batter. If I’m making a chocolate glaze, I add a little bit of black coffee to the glaze. The coffee flavor gives the chocolate a deeper flavor and basically enhances the whole chocolate flavor bomb that goes off in your mouth when you take a bite.
Feel free to top these baked chocolate donuts with whichever new flavor is your favorite! They would be delicious with any of them. Don’t skimp on the crumble, it’s the best part!
Baked Chocolate Donuts with Coffee Nut Crumble
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup M&M’s® coffee nut crumbled
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, salt, cocoa, and coffee grounds in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Combine honey, maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil, egg, vanilla extract, and greek yogurt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir to combine until you don't see any flour spots.
- Spray the donut pan with baking spray. Pour the batter into each cavity 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove donuts from the tray, place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients for the glaze in a bowl. Dip each donut into the glaze and put back on the rack.
- Put M&M’s® into a Ziploc bag, and break them up using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the crumble over the top of each donut.
More Desserts You’ll Love!