These warm apple blondies are made up of 3 layers; a chewy blondie base, a warm apple center, and crumble topping! They’ll make an amazing dessert to bring to all of your Thanksgiving parties this year!
Happy November everyone! I’m Ariel, the food blogger behind Ariel Louise! I’m an apparel designer by day, and baker by night, working hard to share awesome baked goods with you all! If you’re interested in baking more recipes like this one, check out my blog.
Turkey Day is one of my allllll time favorite holidays. When I lived at home, I would wake up early to my brother and dad clanging around the kitchen. I’d drag myself out of bed so i could make a huge cup of coffee with really strong holiday creamer, and set up camp on our big red couch to watch the Macy’s Day Parade with mom.
Since I’ve moved out, the morning is a little different now; Dan and I hit the highway for an hour and a half as we strategize how we’re going to see both our families and go everywhere we miss from home, and somehow try to avoid food coma’s…all in the same day.
But it’s nice to be able to go on an adventure and make a new tradition out of special trips to visit our home town. So naturally I get way too excited, and try to pack the car with as many sweets as humanly possible.
I know I’m not the only one who loves this time of year; everything is centered around good food and good company so what’s not to love? And it’s totally okay to bake 50 cookies and those recipes you’ve been saving from Bon Appetit. There’s nothing wrong with having a ton of leftovers right??
Okay so maybe I go a little over the top, but who doesn’t love when their home smells like warm apples and pumpkin pie?
Or these blondies?? Guys. They’re the best.
Each bite is packed with 3 different layers; a soft blondie base, a warm apple center, and a crumble topping that will make everyone run for seconds…or thirds…I’ve made these a few times for parties since fall has begun, and I always take home an empty pan.
And even though they might sound complicated, the steps are really easy. The blondie is just a few simple ingredients, you fold the spices and leftover batter with the sliced apples in the same bowl, and the crumble topping is a cinch to mix! A Thanksgiving favorite for years to come!
Apple Crumble Blondies
- Blondie Layer
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Apple Layer
- 2 large apples peeled and cut in 1/4" slices
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Crumble Layer
- 1/2 stick butter cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- *You can always add caramel nuts, or other fun things to the crumble too! Or as a fun sauce!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9x9" pan and set aside
- Melt the butter on low/medium heat and blend with the sugar in your stand mixer, or using a large bowl. Pour into the bottom of your greased pan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the blondie is baking, using the same bowl your batter was just in, add the apple slices, and the rest of the dry ingredients in the bowl, folding in everything (and even scrap down the blondie batter). Once the blondie base is baked, immediately spread the apples on top of the blondie.
- For the crumble topping, in a medium sized bowl, sift in the dry ingredients. Add the butter cubes and begin to mix everything together until it's the right crumble consistency, (or using a food processor to do the same step). Put the crumble topping on top of the apples and pat it down so it flattens as much as possible. Bake the crumble for another 15 minutes and let cool for another 20 minutes before serving.
I’ll definitely be bringing these home this year, and I hope you guys give them a try too!
Until next time friends!
Are there any fun traditions you and your loved ones have that you’re excited for this season?? Let me know in the comments!