A quick and easy Italian farro salad, loaded with lots of basil and parmesan cheese!
This is one of my favorite quick side dishes to make! It pairs great with chicken or I have even had a big bowl of it for lunch the next day. It’s delish! Great flavor and so simple to put together. Did I mention that you only need one pot to make it in? Score!
Italian Farro Salad
Start by rinsing the farro and boiling it according to package directions. Mine took 15 minutes to cook. While the farro is cooking, prepare your veggies. I’ve made many different versions of this but I tend to make this one a lot. So, I rinse and dry my spinach and basil. Dice the tomato.
That’s it, you’re ready! Drain the farro and add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix together and taste. Add more if you feel the need. I like mine extra garlicky and cheesy, so I put lots! Now, add the diced tomato, spinach, and basil. I like the spinach to be just slightly wilted so I wait until right before I serve it. Top with extra parmesan cheese and you’re ready to serve! See, I told you. Easy, right?
This is what I served my Italian farro with, yum!
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2-3 T olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (I used almost ½ cup because I like extra cheese)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked spinach
- ½ cup thinly sliced basil
- ½ t garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ t pepper
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- Rinse the farro.
- Cook the farro according to package directions.
- While farro is cooking, wash and dry spinach and basil.
- Thinly slice the basil and dice the tomato.
- Drain the farro.
- Add olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- At the last minute, stir in basil and spinach leaves.
- Top with more parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
Have you tried farro before, do you like it? Let me know in the comments!
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
Add me on Snapchat to see what I’m cooking today! – StaceyHomemaker
You may also like…