Hi, I’m Stacey!
I started this blog in 2015 so I could have a place to keep all of my favorite healthy recipes that I was creating. When I first moved out of my parent’s house, I was lost when it came to cooking. I had no idea what I was doing.
Learning to cook was fun for me, it let me be creative in a new way. When I lived at home, my mom cooked all of our meals for us so everything food-related was brand new to me. Thankfully, I had unknowingly absorbed all of my mom’s healthy cooking tips and I started experimenting with recipes and coming up with my own.
Fast forward a few years…
I’m a newlywed food blogger who loves to cook and I want to show people that it’s simple and fun to cook healthy meals at home.
I’m a vegetarian who eats vegan meals as much as possible and my husband, Travis, is an omnivore. I rarely cook meat at home but it does pop up once in a while, like Kombucha corned beef for St. Patrick’s day because Travis requests it. Travis also loves the vegan recipes that I prepare because they’re delicious! I swear, he really does.
I know there are many other families like ours that have mixed beliefs on food. It’s completely possible to cook one meal and please everyone! I Promise.
To me, eating healthy vegan food doesn’t mean eating flavorless, dry or boring food. It also doesn’t mean eating a big bowl of greens for dinner every night. It means eating recipes that have been veganized*. I love macaroni and cheese and there is no reason to give it up just because I don’t eat dairy anymore.
***Veganized means to take a classic recipe that everyone knows and loves, and turn it vegan! Like, macaroni and cheese, broccoli cheese soup, etc.
I share all types of recipes on my blog– mostly vegan, a bit of vegetarian and even the occasional meat dish. I share the recipes that we actually eat. Nothing fancy, but always healthy, easy to prepare and delicious.
Please follow along with me on our journey of creating new recipes, getting married, going on adventures at Disney World, hopefully having kids one day and just living a happy life! I’m so glad you’re here!
Get to Know me – 75 Fun Facts about Stacey Homemaker!
- I love garage sailing and going to thrift stores.
- Travis and I got married at Cross Creek Ranch on 2/19/17 after 10 years of dating.
- I love going to Disney world. The Epcot Food & Wine Festival is our favorite foodie event but the Epcot Flower& Garden Festival is the most beautiful!
- Romantic comedies are my favorite movie genre.
- In 2011, I graduated from college with my BA in Business Management.
- I wear glasses. My long distance vision is horrible!
- Travis and I got engaged on a boat in the Seven Seas Lagoon at WDW during the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Most of my clothes have flowers on them, or lace. I love lace.
- I collect pretty flower patterned tea cups and saucers.
- Pink is my favorite color, I love all shades.
- I love the beach but try to stay out of the sun because I’m covered in freckles.
- I’m half Polish and half German.
- My favorite movie of all time is “The Notebook.”
- I hate going to the doctor’s office.
- I’m a major germaphobe. Don’t come around me if you’re sick!
- I believe that organic and non-GMO foods are the best for you.
- NYC is one of my favorite places in the world. Specifically Central Park in the French Gardens.
- I LOVE macaroni and cheese. All pasta really. And Pizza.
- I’m a vegetarian with an omnivore husband, but I hope that one day we’ll both be vegan.
- I used to serve at a restaurant, so I believe that everyone should be required to work a few months in a restaurant so they learn how to treat people with respect.
- I’m a coffee addict. I can’t start the day without my mug.
- I believe in God and angels, and that there is life after death.
- I love wine, specifically cabernet. Cooking with it, drinking it…all forms of it!
- I’m obsessed with the holidays, especially Christmas! If you don’t celebrate the holidays, then every day is the same.” -My mom.
- I listen to Christmas music during the year, not just in December…don’t judge me!
- The Rockefeller Christmas Tree is the most beautiful Christmas Tree I’ve ever seen!
- My mom is my best friend.
- I have a weakness for chocolate peanut butter desserts and my mom’s cherry cheesecakes.
- Cherries are my favorite berry.
- I believe that love is love is love is love is love.
- Twins run in my family. On my mom and dad’s side.
- I love watching TV: series, talk shows, and reality shows. I have so many favorite shows it’s not even funny. If I had to pick my top favorites I would say “Friends,” “Sex and the City,” and “King of Queens.” I can binge-watch a tv show like nobody’s business!
- When I was in 3rd grade, my mom made me write to a TV network because they canceled her favorite show “Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.” They didn’t care. Ha!
- I went to a Catholic school.
- I was born and raised in Florida.
- I wish I could live somewhere that has real seasons.
- I hate being hot, I always want to be freezing. AC is always on full blast in my car.
- My favorite vegetable is cauliflower because it’s magical and you can make anything with it, even alfredo sauce!
- I want to be 100% Vegan but I love cheese soooo much. Ugh.
- I love Pugs and I’m currently trying to adopt a rescue.
- My second toe is longer than my other toes…thanks, dad!
- I have a younger brother named Brian.
- I’m very organized and can’t stand a messy house.
- I’m a huge procrastinator.
- I get more cleaning done in 10 minutes before someone comes over than I do all day.
- I don’t wear shoes in the house because it’s gross. Google it!
- I love to garden and grow my own produce. We have a greenhouse in our backyard.
- I’m dying to raise chickens but Travis won’t let me!
- I hate plastic.
- I love rose gold.
- I get really bad road rage. I wish someone would just drive me everywhere.
- I think animated movies are awesome, like the Minions and all Disney movies!
- I failed my driver’s license test 3 times before I passed!
- I actually enjoy grocery shopping. If my mom and I go together we’ll shop for hours!
- I love photography.
- I love to cook but hate washing dishes.
- Taxi cab rides give me major anxiety. I only want to drive with people I know and trust.
- I get motion sickness in the car and TBH I’m not a great flyer either.
- I love getting Travis to eat foods that he doesn’t know what’s in it but it looks like the real deal —> Like our favorite dairy-free cashew cream spinach artichoke dip!
- I’m a homebody. I could stay home for weeks and be totally happy.
- Dolphins are my favorite animal.
- I don’t go to Sea World or zoo’s because I don’t think animals should be kept in captivity unless they’re being rehabilitated. Every creature on this earth should have freedom.
- I’m always hungry and get hangry if I don’t eat every few hours.
- Scattergories is my favorite board game.
- Instagram is my favorite social media channel. It used to be Pinterest but if I go on there I get sucked in for hours, so I try to stay away from that black hole.
- I love dumplings, all Asian food really. You haven’t lived until you’ve tried a soup dumpling in Chinatown!
- I didn’t see snow until I was 25 years old! That’s also the age I built my first snowman!
- The first Broadway show I ever saw was “Aladdin.” It was AMAZING!
- Aladdin is my all time favorite Disney movie.
- Jasmine is my #1 favorite Disney Princess.
- I check my email 100 times a day. Ok, maybe not 100x but a lot! =)
- I still like Lisa Frank stickers. All stickers, really.
- I saved all the love notes, cards, and mementos that my mom gave me when I was growing up.
- My dutch oven is my favorite kitchen tool.
- Creating healthy flavor-loaded recipes is my passion!
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
Want to start your own healthy food blog and share all of your delicious recipes?
Learn how to do it in just 3 easy steps + check out the 10 tools that all new bloggers need to be successful!