Easy watermelon popsicles that only require 5 minutes of prep work. Super sweet but have no added sugar! The best low-calorie, frozen treat to enjoy on a hot summer day! Vegan.
The summer has been pretty brutal here in Florida. You just want to cool off with an icy cold, frozen treat. I’ve been trying to cut out excess sugar from our food, so ice cream and processed snacks are definitely out.
Fresh watermelon juice popsicles are naturally sweet and loaded with juicy watermelon chunks that have been blended, strained and frozen into the perfect summer snack.
My idea of a perfect summer day consists of me floating on my raft in the pool with a watermelon popsicle in one hand and a cold drink in my other hand. Doesn’t that sound delightful!?
These easy watermelon popsicles couldn’t be any simpler to make!
Tips For Picking the Perfect Watermelon
First, pick out the perfect watermelon. Did you know there are a few things you should look for when you pick out a watermelon? My mom and grandpa taught me these tips:
- Shape – Round watermelons are sweeter, oval watermelons are more watery.
- Webbing – Look for watermelons with lots of “webbing” or “sugar lines” because that means they’re extra sweet!
- Yellow belly – Every watermelon has a white or yellow field spot on its belly. The spot is where is rested on the field. A more golden color = a riper watermelon.
- Thump it – A ripe watermelon will have a hollow sound when you give it a good thump.
Easy Watermelon Popsicles
After I found the perfect watermelon; I quartered it, cut it into chunks, blended it and put it through a strainer. I might have eaten one whole quarter of the watermelon while I was chopping it up, it was just so good that I couldn’t stop myself! My mom’s tips were right again!
Watermelon Popsicle Variations
These easy watermelon popsicles are very customizable too. You could add frozen berries, or layers of other frozen pureed fruits to add even more flavor to the pops.
- Layered popsicles – To get solid layers, pour the pureed fruit into the popsicle molds and then freeze for 10 mins. Continue alternating between the flavors you want to use until the molds are filled almost to the top. Leave room to put the base in and not have it overflow the popsicle mold.
- Watermelon slice popsicles – You could also fill up the molds with the watermelon juice but leave one inch of space at the top. Freeze them for one hour and then add a slice of kiwi on top and put the pops back into the freezer to finish freezing. Then the popsicles will look like a slice of watermelon with a green kiwi rind!
- Loaded popsicles – If you’re making these easy watermelon popsicles for a party, a splash of rum, tequila, or vodka in each popsicle mold would be delicious!
Note – If you’re making these easy watermelon popsicles for kids, don’t add any alcohol! If you make a split batch, make sure to clearly label the adult popsicles.
These easy watermelon popsicles are a super fresh, naturally sweet, low-calorie treat that you can feel good about eating! No processed junk, additives, ingredients you can’t pronounce, or extreme amounts of sugar. Plus, the popsicles only takes 5 minutes of prep work!
- 3 cups of (seedless) watermelon chunks
- BPA-Free Popsicle molds
- Cut up the watermelon into 1-inch chunks.
- Put the watermelon chunks into a high-powered blender and blend until you have a very smooth puree.
- Run the watermelon puree through a strainer and discard the remaining fibers.
- Pour the strained watermelon juice into the popsicle molds. Add the lid to each popsicle.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or until fully frozen.
What’s your favorite homemade popsicle flavor? Let me know in the comments!
Never miss a Stacey Homemaker creation!
Add me on SnapChat to see what I’m cooking today! – StaceyHomemaker
You may also like…