Thank you to Kitchen Crafted® for sponsoring this post. I promise that all opinions are my own.
If you like chicken salad, you’ll love this chickpea salad! It’s loaded with protein, crunchy celery, and creamy creole seasoned sauce. It will be your new go-to for meal prepping a quick healthy lunch! Dairy-free.
I can’t believe I’m saying this but our wedding is only one month away!
I feel like we’ve been counting down the days for so long and now the big day is so close. I’m nervous, anxious, stressed, excited, happy, emotional, plus about 50 other feelings all mixed together!
I have my final dress fitting on February 1st, so I’ve been trying to watch what I eat and stick with healthy veggie and protein filled meals.
This is usually how my day goes…
- 8 am – Get up and start the day with a glass of cold water mixed with 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- 8:30 am – Drink a cup of coffee while I watch the news and check emails.
- 10 am – Eat breakfast, 9/10 times its avocado toast.
- 12 pm – Make lunch for Travis and I. Travis usually gets a turkey sandwich and I have leftovers from the night before or a portion of something I’ve meal prepped for the week like our favorite southwest quinoa salad.
- 3 pm – Have a second cup of coffee or a cup of jasmine green tea to beat the afternoon slump. By now I’m usually looking for crackers or something to snack on.
- 6 pm – Make a healthy vegetarian dinner like bomb ass buffalo cauliflower tacos or spicy Thai cauliflower soup.
- 9 pm – Have some popcorn, an apple, or crackers for a light snack while we catch up on our favorite shows.
Between 2pm-6pm is particularly hard for me. I find myself wanting to snack during the day if I don’t get enough protein in my lunch. That’s why I’ve started working on making protein filled recipes that I can double or triple the recipe at the beginning of the week so I have lunches ready to go that will keep me feeling full until dinner time.
Meal Prep Creole Chickpea Salad
Chickpea salad is one those go-to recipes that I make a big batch of on Sunday so I can have a quick lunch ready to go during the week. It’s so much easier to eat healthfully when you meal prep and have the food ready to go. If I have nothing prepares, it’s really hard to not snack while I’m cooking.
I like to have the chickpea salad as a sandwich, wrap, or piled on top of a big bed of mixed greens with diced tomatoes. Somedays I pack a Snapware full of just the chickpea salad for a quick lunch that I can eat at my desk at the office.
Travis gobbled his chickpea salad sandwich up in record time yesterday. So much so, that he asked to have it for dinner too. He wasn’t a fan of the carrot dogs I made a few days ago, but I can always tell that a recipe is a hit when he asks for it twice in one day!
Creole Kicker Kitchen Crafted SPRD®
I used Kitchen Crafted SPRD® instead of plain mayo to give the chickpea salad an extra punch of creole flavor!
The SPRD® is dairy and gluten-free, and as you all know, I’ve been trying very hard to cut dairy out of our diet. So, I love having a jar (or two!) of SPRD® in the fridge at all times! It’s such an easy way to add flavor to my recipes.
I especially love using products that care about the ingredients they use. It makes it so much easier for me to cook healthy meals at home.
Instead of calling it a “spread,” Kitchen Crafted® dropped the E and A for “Everything Artificial” and called it SPRD® instead. I can pronounce all the ingredients on the label and I love that the yellow color of the SPRD® comes from turmeric, not an artificial food dye! Imagine that!
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add to a medium mixing bowl. Use the back of a fork to mash half of the chickpeas.
- Add diced celery, halved grapes, Creole Kicker SPRD®, dill, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve in a sandwich, wrap, or salad.
Want to start your own healthy food blog and share all of your delicious recipes?
Learn how to do it in just 3 easy steps + check out the 10 tools that all new bloggers need to be successful!
What’s your favorite recipe to meal prep for healthy lunches for the week? Let me know in the comments!
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
Add me on SnapChat to see what I’m cooking today! – StaceyHomemaker
You may also like…