Spicy buffalo cauliflower tacos are one of our favorite easy healthy dinners, my hubby-to-be likes to describe them as “bomb-ass!” It can easily be made vegan by using hot sauce instead of buffalo sauce and it’s naturally vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Happy December 1st, friends!
This really is my favorite time of the year. I love the decorations, the food, the hustle and bustle of getting ready for Christmas. Since everyone’s so busy, sometimes dinner has to take a backseat. I don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen but we still want to eat delicious food!
Bomb Ass Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
The day after I made these buffalo cauliflower tacos the first time, Travis asked if we were having those “bomb-ass tacos” again for dinner?! I don’t usually describe my recipes with curse words but it was too funny to not officially name it that!
I didn’t realize he liked them that much until he started requesting them time and time again. I was happy to make them because they are easy, healthy, and very filling! When Travis specifically requests dishes by name, I know it’s a winner!
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos Ingredients
I’m sure you’ve seen tons of buffalo cauliflower recipes floating around out there but this one is different because I coat the cauliflower in a coconut milk oat flour batter before dipping them in (gluten-free or regular) panko breadcrumbs. I just feel that coconut milk is richer and creamier than regular milk.
Oat Flour or White Flour?
I like to substitute oat flour whenever possible. Oats have the highest percentage of protein compared to all whole grains, it has more fiber, and it’s (naturally) gluten-free (make sure your package is marked gluten-free in case it was packaged in a facility that isn’t gluten-free) so it’s a better option for many wheat intolerant people.
One head of cauliflower easily makes enough buffalo cauliflower florets for tacos for dinner for two nights. I like to load up the tacos with lots of greens; either spinach, arugula, or beet greens.
Is This Recipe Vegan?
If you want to make this recipe vegan, you can easily swap the buffalo sauce for your favorite brand of hot sauce for similar results. I’ve done the buffalo cauliflower tacos multiple times with hot sauce instead of the buffalo sauce and both ways are delicious, you really can’t go wrong!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
The buffalo cauliflower tacos are loaded with spicy flavor and the buffalo cauliflower florets closely resemble chicken nuggets so using them for tacos isn’t a far stretch! I actually (accidentally) tricked Travis the first time he had these buffalo cauliflower bites. I didn’t say it was cauliflower and he didn’t ask so I just let him think what he wanted!
You could make the buffalo cauliflower by itself and serve it as an appetizer or side dish or pop a few pieces into a sandwich, the options are endless! I’ve made buffalo chicken skewers with celery pieces and blue cheese crumbles before, buffalo cauliflower would be a great substitute for the chicken!
It also reheats really well. Just lay the buffalo cauliflower florets on a tray and toast them for 5 minutes in the toaster oven or regular oven, they’ll be just as good and crispy as the first time you made them.
Popular Cauliflower Recipes:
- 30-minute ginger cauliflower “fried” rice
- Spicy Thai red curry cauliflower soup
- Roasted cauliflower cashew alfredo sauce
- Buffalo cauliflower avocado toast
- Large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (If needed, add additional coconut milk until you reach a wet batter like consistency)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cups gluten-free panko breadcrumbs ( Or regular panko breadcrumbs)
- ¾-1 cup buffalo sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- Gluten-free tortillas
- Spinach or arugula
- Pesto cream (Or you can sub pesto spread or mashed avocado)
- Sliced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the florets off the head of cauliflower, discard the stem. Wash and dry the florets.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and coconut milk. Mix until the lumps have dissolved.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a sperate small bowl.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix to coat every nook and cranny.
- Use tongs to pull each piece out of the batter, tap the side lightly to get rid of any excess, then dip each piece in breadcrumbs and place on a parchment lined tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven.
- You have two options for putting the sauce on: You can put the cauliflower bites into a big bowl and pour the sauce over the top and gently mix it to coat each piece. You might lose a few crumbs in the process but it's quick and effective. Or you can brush the buffalo sauce over each piece of cauliflower but this will take a few minutes.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until crispy.
- Build tacos with sauce, red onion, spinach, and buffalo cauliflower and enjoy!
Here’s the recipe for the dairy-free pesto cream sauce.
If you make these bomb ass buffalo cauliflower tacos, please tag me using the #StaceyHomemaker so I can see your tasty creation!
Want to start your own healthy food blog and share all of your delicious recipes?
Learn how to do it in just 3 easy steps + check out the 10 tools that all new bloggers need to be successful!
How would you serve the buffalo cauliflower? As an appetizer, tacos, or in a sandwich? Let me know in the comments!
NEVER MISS A STACEY HOMEMAKER CREATION!
Add me on SnapChat to see what I’m cooking today! – StaceyHomemaker
You may also like…